Oak Grove Youth Football & Cheer Ball Park
2016 Parent Guidelines
It’s that time of year again. Football/Cheerleader season has begun! The following guidelines have been implemented to make the season more enjoyable for our children. We, as parents, have a responsibility to our children to set a sportsman- like example. We will need everyone’s help and cooperation with the guidelines set forth below to assure every child a fun and prosperous season.
The Oak Grove Youth Football and Cheer have four teams (5/6, 7/8, 9/10 and 11/12). The requirement is that any child must be 4 years old by August 1 or under 13 years old by August 1. The child is eligible to move up to a higher age group if they will soon age into that group. The OGYF&C Committee and Coaches reserve the right to move a child back to their age group if they cannot perform at the higher level. Keep in mind that playing or cheering with an older group can be a disadvantage (example: if a child that is 8 years old moved to the 9/10 group they would be expected to perform at a level that they may not be prepared to perform). Cheerleaders interested in competition must perform in their actual age group. Once the child is registered the parent/guardian must officially notify the OGFYC by completing a withdrawal form and settling any outstanding balance if the child is not going to participate or continue to participate in the program. This policy is effective from time of registration until the end of the season.
- A. We will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other youth sporting event. Parents are not allowed on the field during games or at practices. Do not approach coaches or assistant coaches on the field during games or at practices. These interruptions disrupt the children and set a bad example for everyone. If you have a problem with anyone on the coaching staff please advise an OGYF&C Committee member. A meeting will be scheduled between the parent, coach, and OGYF&C Committee members to discuss the problem and try to come up with a solution. Please keep in mind our coach’s take extra time to help your children. Please show them the respect they deserve.
- We will insist that every child plays in a safe and healthy environment. Please make sure your child has the required safety equipment at all times. Please do not allow your child to practice unless there is supervision by a coach. Cheerleaders should not be doing anything that requires standing on or being lifted by another person unless supervised by their cheer coach.
- C. We will demand a drug, alcohol, tobacco, and profanity free environment for all children at all sporting events. This includes games and practices. There are designated smoking areas. Please use them and do not throw cigarette butts on the ground.
- No pets, bicycles, skate boards, scooters, or skates will be allowed at the park. This includes parking lots and playing areas. This is for the safety of all children and spectators.
- E. Each team is responsible for cleaning up around the field after games and practices. It is unfair for others to have to continue to pick up after you and your children. Please show your pride and keep our park clean. Please use these same guidelines when visiting other parks.
- Please treat our restroom facilities as if they were your own. If you see someone abusing these facilities, please let an OGYF&C Committee member know so the problem can be handled timely and efficiently. No one wants to use a facility if it is unclean or broken.
- A Parent or Guardian must accompany children to every practice.
Any rules that are broken by parents/family members/etc. the Oak Grove Youth Football and Cheer Committee and the Oak Grove Memorial Park Board have the authority to ban the individual(s) from Oak Grove Memorial Park.
BREAK DOWN OF FEES, FUNDRAISING, CONCESSION, ETC.
- Registration fees are used to pay All County Football League fees and insurance premiums on players.
- Money taken at the gate for home games is used to pay game officials.
- Fundraising and Concession profits are used for utility bills, park repairs and to purchase new equipment.
FUNDRAISING (Program Fee)
A fundraising amount will be $50 per child. This fundraising money is used for homecoming, end of the year trophies and party. The Park is being built from donations and fundraising. Each year we have been able to update our facilities and purchase needed equipment. We, as committee members, know that if everyone pulls together and works as a team, we can continue to grow and will have a park that our children can be proud of and enjoy.
CONCESSION STAND RULES AND GUIDELINES
The concession stand is opened for all home games and regularly scheduled practice days. In order for us to keep the concession stand open; all parents (men or women and must be over the age of 18) are required to work at your child’s scheduled time. Parents are required to work one game and one practice. In the event a parent chooses not to work concession they must pay a fee of $25 ($25 for practice and $25 for game). A form and money to not work is due by a deadline. If you do not work the required/scheduled time and the form and payment is not received by deadline the charge will be $50 for practice and $50 for game.
- If a parent fails to work or pay the required fee, their child will be suspended from 1 game and the $50 fee will be deducted from their fundraising total. This will be money individually raised per child for Trophies, Gifts for Homecoming, etc...
- No children are allowed in the concession stand at any time as stated in the Alabama Health Department rules. This is also for the safety of your children due to the possibility of being severely burned or otherwise injured.
- Due to safety precautions, no children are allowed in the press box or on the press box deck or stairs. Please know where your children are at all times.
- Each team/squad is required to work the concession stand and entrance gate at all home games.
Game Day: Team/Squad scheduled to open concession stand and entrance gate should arrive 1 ½ hour before 1st game. This is to give adequate time to prepare food. Concession stand should be opened 30 minutes before 1st game starts. Parents will not work the concession stand or gate during their child’s game time.
Practice Day: Team/ Squad working practice days should arrive by 5:30pm in order to have the concession stand ready to be opened by 6:00pm.
**Please note: The OGYF&C Committee has made a decision that in order to keep concession price as low as possible there will limited free meals from the concession. There will be courtesy meals offered to officials and Presidents of the other teams only. A meal ticket must be presented to receive courtesy meal.
PARK MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
Weekly Schedule: Cut grasses, trim weeds, pick up garbage, clean bathrooms and empty trash.
Week Team/Squad Week Team/Squad
August 1 9/10 September 26 5/6
August 8 7/8 October 3 9/10
August 15 5/6 October 10 7/8
August 22 9/10 October 17 5/6
August 29 7/8 October 24 9/10
September 5 5/6 October 31 7/8
September 12 9/10 November 7 5/6
September 19 7/8
11/12 Teams will be required to clean after all Home Games
FOOTBALL AND CHEER HOME GAME REQUIREMENTS
Each Team/Squad will be responsible for preparing OGMP the Friday night before a Home Game and returning after the last game on Saturday for clean up. This includes:
- cutting grass and weed eating Football Field and surrounding area
- lining football field and setting out yard markers
- emptying garbage cans and replacing with new garbage bag
- cleaning and restocking bathrooms
- placing barriers for parking
- making sure the park is clean
*Football Players are required to be at all home games 1 hour prior to their game time.
*Cheerleaders are required to be at all home games 30 minutes prior to their game time.
To be eligible for the Graduation Trophies a child must play/cheer for five (5) consecutive years and must be a member of the 11/12 team (or age 11/12 if there is not a team). OGYF&C will pay 50% and the parent will be responsible for 50% of the Graduation Trophy cost.